Manufactured in the UK to our customer's bespoke requirements, this super tall Jib Crane was designed to unload trucks outdoors in central London, this meant it needed to be fast and efficient, but also able to withstand the severe British winter. As a result, we recommended that the crane was fitted with a dual speed hoist that is reasonably quick but not too fast that it will risk damage to the load or become dangerous- after all, it's never a good idea to have 3Tonnes flying around too quickly! A canopy was fitted above the hoist as a 'parking shelter' when the hoist was not being used to further protect it, as well as a 'divorced' pendant control that allows the operator to operate the hoist from a safe distance. Powered slew was essential in this application, this was also controlled via the wired pendant control, with a slewing speed of 21.5m/min.
The crane was installed into its snug foundation out of hours on a Sunday to avoid any unnecessary disruption to our customer's workforce and to enable deliveries to freely continue. With the assistance of a mobile crane, our team carefully lowered the upright pillar into place while crowds of passers-by watched as this giant 11.5m upright post was squeezed into position. From then the arm was mounted, hoist fitted and finally fully commissioned along with a load test ready for use first thing Monday morning.
- SWL: 3tonnes
- Overall Height: 11.5m
- Radius: 6750mm
- Slewing Angle: 300 degrees (powered slew)
- Fitted with divorced pendant control and festoon system
- Fitted with hoist canopy and slewing locks for outdoors
- SWL: 3tonne (de-rated)
- Lifting Height: 10.15m
- Hoisting Speeds: 4&1m/min
- Travelling Speeds: 20&5m/min
- Supply: 400v 3phase 50hz
- Control voltage: 48v
The crane was supplied and installed urgently in reaction to our client's requirements and has been successfully serving them since. Should you have any requirements for Jib Cranes and Hoists, please feel free to contact a member of our sales team who will be happy to assist you.
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
Mike- Latch & Batchelor Ltd
I found Cranes-UK to be very professional in their approach and always ...Click here for more testimonials
- The Benefits of Chain Hoists2nd April 2019 Chain hoists are an integral part of the hoist family, working to complete lifts using an electric power source. This means that they can lift much heavier loads than manual ...
- Questions to Ask Before you Buy a Used Crane7th March 2019 Buying a crane is a big decision for any business. There can be a high initial cost involved, and you need to know that the crane you are buying is worth the price you pay. This ...
- Crane Servicing is More Important than Ever as the Market Booms7th March 2019 A report has revealed that the global bridge crane market looks set to reach multi billion dollars by 2024. The report also covered some of the key players in the crane market, ...