In some environments, a bespoke jib crane will be a better option than a standard crane. Why? There are certain situations in which a bespoke crane will perform better, deliver more value and be able to meet the needs of the people operating it.
Here are some of the ways a bespoke jib crane can be adapted to make it more suitable for particular, more challenging environments:
- Different types of mounting. Jib cranes can be wall-mounted or floor-mounted depending on the configuration required for space.
- Under bracing. This allows for maximum hook path where space might be tight and there’s low headroom. The jib arm is supported from underneath instead of above to make the crane fit into a smaller space.
- The type of hoist used. Jib cranes can be electric or manual. If the crane is being used on a site where electricity isn’t available, a manual hoist can be fitted instead to adapt it to the environment.
- Adjustments for different capacities and load sizes. The jib arm can be designed to make it suitable for smaller or larger load sizes, and depending on the type of load being lifted, the jib arm can be shorter or longer.
These bespoke applications can make a jib crane better suited to a particular environment, where the operation may be challenging. These are some of the issues that can be overcome by having a bespoke jib crane rather than an off the shelf model:
- Low headroom
- Overhead obstructions
- Lack of power supply
- No floor space for mounting
- Limited space for the operation
Bespoke jib cranes will generally take around four weeks to build. We will be happy to listen to your requirements, advise on components and help you find the right type of jib crane to suit your space. We can inform you about the available customisable options. Talk to the Cranes-UK team on 01384 441 235 or send us a message.
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
A Hovey, National Oilwell Varco
Your costs compared to other manufacturers were by far cheaper and turned ...Click here for more testimonials
- Bespoke Jib Cranes In some environments, a bespoke jib crane will be a better option than a standard crane. Why? There are certain situations in which a bespoke crane will perform better, deliver ...
- Heavy Duty Jib Crane4th March 2020 Heavy duty jib cranes are designed to lift heavier loads, whilst still offering the adaptability of a normal jib. In general, a jib crane will take up less space; by investing in ...
- Choosing a Company for Crane Maintenance3rd December 2019 Crane maintenance is an integral part of keeping cranes and lifting equipment in good working order. It’s also a legal requirement, and the importance of good maintenance ...