Electric hoists are used for regular, intense lifting operation, in circumstances where a manual hoist simply won’t be appropriate for the size of the load. Electric chain hoists are typically used for loads weighing up to 30 Tonnes – for loads larger than this, an electric wire rope hoist might be employed (certain models can lift up to 100 Tonnes).
Why choose an electric chain hoist?
Electric chain hoists are designed to improve lifting processes, making them safer and more efficient. An electric hoist will: • Be able to lift higher capacities than a manual hoist • Be able to lift more awkwardly shaped loads
• Transport loads more efficiently
• Allow for simple, quick operations
• Make lifting processes safer for crane operators
Crane operators can also make use of the added functionality you can get with an electric chain hoist. You can select from various features, including:
• Dual speed or single speed. Single speed will be more cost effective but dual speed operation gives you more flexibility with lifting processes.
• Limit switches. Set accurate positions and hook paths by using upper and lower limits. This can be especially useful with heavier loads, which could cause damage if lifted into the wrong position.
• Chain container. Collect the slack from the chain in order to protect the load – the more excess there is, the more potential it has to cause damage.
• Radio remote controls. Increase operator safety by allowing the hoist to be operated from further away, with less potential for user error.
At Cranes UK, we stock hoists, electric chain hoists, heavy duty, single phase 110v, 230v electric chain hoists, wire rope, ratchet lever and hand chain hoists from a number of industry-leading brands, including Yale, GIS and Stahl. You can see our currently stocked products online, or contact the team to enquire further about hoists. We can often source certain models for you, so please feel free to ask if you can’t find exactly what you need. When you get in touch, it will be useful for you to have some of your basic specifications to hand, such as the capacity of the hoist you need, the height of the lifts you will be performing, the supply voltage and the beam flange width.
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
Neil Mcinerney, Sellafield Ltd
Cranes-UK Have been instrumental in providing help and technical support ...Click here for more testimonials
- Choosing an Electric Chain Hoist 31st October 2018 Electric hoists are used for regular, intense lifting operation, in circumstances where a manual hoist simply won’t be appropriate for the size of the load. Electric chain ...
- The Right Servicing for your Crane 28th June 2018 Cranes need to be serviced regularly to ensure they are safe to use and fit for purpose. This ensures the safety of everyone operating them, others working on site and the general ...
- Crane maintenance is an essential part of owning and using lifting ...14th June 2018 Crane maintenance is an essential part of owning and using lifting equipment. It doesn’t just keep your equipment in good working order, it also makes sure that it is safe ...