A report has revealed that the global bridge crane market looks set to reach multi billion dollars by 2024. The report also covered some of the key players in the crane market, including Konecranes and Morris, which are brands offered at Cranes-UK. This is an excellent time for the crane industry and we are pleased to see the market thriving.
Yet whilst this boom in crane sales is promising, it is important that those investing in cranes have the right knowledge to protect their investment. Servicing cranes is an important part of ownership, and something that people need to be aware of when buying new lifting equipment.
Who is responsible for servicing cranes?
Crane servicing is the responsibility of the owner. If you are hiring a crane for your company to use (as opposed to a contract lift service, where someone else will operate the crane), check the specifics of the hire. Make sure you fully understand your obligations and question anything you are unsure about.
Crane servicing – know your obligations
The main regulations you need to know about here are the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations, also known as LOLER. All overhead cranes, gantry cranes, wire rope hoists and electric chain hoists that are used in the UK must comply with LOLER. This means that all lifting equipment must be ‘thoroughly examined’ on a regular basis, with the exact time period depending on the type of lifting equipment in question.
LOLER recommends that:
• Gantry cranes, overhead cranes, wire rope hoists and chain hoists are examined at least annually
• This should be increased to every 6 months if usage is high
Building a crane servicing plan to suit you
We offer flexible crane servicing plans to suit you, your business and your lifting equipment. Ask us about crane servicing and see how we can help you. Call 01384 441 235, email email@example.com or contact us online.
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
Tekenna Adebo- Vina Engineering Industries Nigeria
We needed a hoist and we needed it fast, Cranes-UK made our enquiry their ...Click here for more testimonials
- The Benefits of Chain Hoists2nd April 2019 Chain hoists are an integral part of the hoist family, working to complete lifts using an electric power source. This means that they can lift much heavier loads than manual ...
- Questions to Ask Before you Buy a Used Crane7th March 2019 Buying a crane is a big decision for any business. There can be a high initial cost involved, and you need to know that the crane you are buying is worth the price you pay. This ...
- Crane Servicing is More Important than Ever as the Market Booms7th March 2019 A report has revealed that the global bridge crane market looks set to reach multi billion dollars by 2024. The report also covered some of the key players in the crane market, ...