Cranes-UK were delighted to welcome the opportunity of working with World famous artist Conrad Shawcross, having recently taken delivery of a Cranes-UK 2 Tonne Overhead Crane we are proud to share the story.
Recognised globally for his impressive mechanical sculptures based around philosophical and scientific ideas. Conrad is the youngest living member of the Royal Academy of Arts. Shawcross's work is proudly exhibited throughout the world.
As Conrads work has progressed his designs have become larger and heavier pieces that require additional lifting equipment to manufacture and load on to transport. After much consideration of design and specification Cranes-UK and Shawcross's representative agreed a suitable combination that would not only provide function and reliability but also look sleek and discreet in his workshop. The final result was a low profile underslung fully motorised overhead crane with radio control, painted in duck eggshell colour to match existing structures. The crane was assembled in a timely manner in our workshop and installed in just one day!
- SWL: 2 Tonnes
- Span: 6m
- Hoist: Stahl ST20, dual speed with dual speed electric travel
- Cranes-UK control panel and custom fabricated end carriages
- Radio Control System: ARC Flex 8EX
For further information and to request a quote please contact a member of our sales team or visit the contact us page.
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
A Hovey, National Oilwell Varco
Your costs compared to other manufacturers were by far cheaper and turned ...Click here for more testimonials
- Questions to Ask Before you Buy a Used Crane7th March 2019 Buying a crane is a big decision for any business. There can be a high initial cost involved, and you need to know that the crane you are buying is worth the price you pay. This ...
- Crane Servicing is More Important than Ever as the Market Booms7th March 2019 A report has revealed that the global bridge crane market looks set to reach multi billion dollars by 2024. The report also covered some of the key players in the crane market, ...
- Crane Servicing by Trusted Professionals15th January 2019 Crane servicing and maintenance is an important part of owning lifting equipment. It has to be kept in the right condition to make sure it will be safe to use, adhering to ...