Buying a crane is a big decision for any business. There can be a high initial cost involved, and you need to know that the crane you are buying is worth the price you pay. This is especially true of used cranes, where the safety of the lifting equipment you buy will be an important consideration.
There are some particular questions you should be asking in order to establish the quality of the crane you are thinking about purchasing. These are some of the questions we suggest you ask of your supplier before you sign on the dotted line:
1. Has the crane been serviced? It is best to buy a crane that has been recently serviced so you know nothing is wrong with it. However, do bear in mind that a crane will usually need to have a thorough examination before you use it for the first time, under LOLER. It will be exempt if it has a Declaration of Conformity that is less than one year old, but this would be unusual for a used crane.
2. How much does it cost? The cost is an important factor as every business will have a budget. However, do remember that it isn’t just the initial cost you need to factor in. Older cranes that might cost less at first may well cost more in maintenance.
3. Can I come in for a consultation? Any good supplier will be happy to consult with you in person to explain more about used cranes and make sure you have everything you need to make an informed decision.
4. Can you provide maintenance as well? It is much easier when your used crane supplier can also complete the maintenance, saving you having to find an additional company and set up maintenance contracts.
5. What is the maximum capacity? It’s important that you understand the loads you will be able to lift with a crane – and it’s important that you go to buy your crane prepared with enough knowledge about the lifts you carry out.
Cranes-UK stock a wide range of used cranes from top manufacturers, and we can offer inspections, maintenance and repairs too. We will be more than happy to advise you further – and to provide answers to any of the questions above in regard to specific cranes!
Please get in touch to find out more about used cranes and the purchasing process. We can give you up-to-date stock information and make sure you know everything ahead of buying. Call 01384 441 235, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us online.
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
Mohammad Abulardana- Ardanca Industries
It came to the point where we needed to replace our crane hoist, Cranes-UK ...Click here for more testimonials
- Questions to Ask Before you Buy a Used Crane7th March 2019 Buying a crane is a big decision for any business. There can be a high initial cost involved, and you need to know that the crane you are buying is worth the price you pay. This ...
- Crane Servicing is More Important than Ever as the Market Booms7th March 2019 A report has revealed that the global bridge crane market looks set to reach multi billion dollars by 2024. The report also covered some of the key players in the crane market, ...
- Crane Servicing by Trusted Professionals15th January 2019 Crane servicing and maintenance is an important part of owning lifting equipment. It has to be kept in the right condition to make sure it will be safe to use, adhering to ...