Chain hoists are an integral part of the hoist family, working to complete lifts using an electric power source. This means that they can lift much heavier loads than manual hoists, with capacities of up to 30 Tonnes. The electric chain hoist is a sensible purchase for various industries and professionals using lifting equipment on a regular basis, or currently completing manual lifts.
Why might an electric chain hoist be right for you? Here are some of the key benefits you should understand:
• Value for money. A chain hoist will have a lower price point than an electric wire rope hoist. This does mean the capacity won’t be as high, but it will still offer you much more than a manual hoist.
• Flexibility. A chain hoist is usually easier to move than a wire rope hoist, meaning it can be transported between sites. This can be a great advantage for construction professionals who work in various locations.
• You can easily achieve a vertical lift. There is no lateral movement, as the chain is moved over a sprocket.
• Chain hoists can be used with a wide range of lifting equipment, including jib cranes and gantries. They can be used in low headroom areas, allowing you more flexibility with your specifications.
• Chain containers. This is the collection box that collects up excess slack on the chain, preventing the chain from getting damaged and stopping it damaging the load.
• Limit switches. An upper and lower limit switch will let you set minimum and maximum hook paths, protecting the load from human error when lifting it or placing it down. This will also protect the hoist itself when lifting a heavy load.
• Radio remote controls. Choose radio remote controls on your chain hoist, instead of a wired pendant control. This will allow the operator to stand further away, adding an extra degree of safety to the procedure and allowing better visibility of the load.
Some of the most popular electric chain hoist brands we offer are:
Ask us if you can’t find exactly what you need. We have many industry contacts and can often source the right lifting equipment for you.
Please get in touch if there is anything you would like to know about electric chain hoists, or you would like up-to-date stock information. Call 01384 441 235, email email@example.com or contact us online.
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
Eddie Chukwujekwu- Winjek Integrated Solutions
Your services are very good and punctual, please keep it up.Click here for more testimonials
- The Benefits of Chain Hoists2nd April 2019 Chain hoists are an integral part of the hoist family, working to complete lifts using an electric power source. This means that they can lift much heavier loads than manual ...
- Questions to Ask Before you Buy a Used Crane7th March 2019 Buying a crane is a big decision for any business. There can be a high initial cost involved, and you need to know that the crane you are buying is worth the price you pay. This ...
- Crane Servicing is More Important than Ever as the Market Booms7th March 2019 A report has revealed that the global bridge crane market looks set to reach multi billion dollars by 2024. The report also covered some of the key players in the crane market, ...