Mobile lifting gantry systems are noted for their versatility and they are used in various applications across multiple industries. Like all other lifting equipment, gantry systems require you to adhere to certain procedural guidelines to ensure operational safety. Equipment manufacturers generally provide copies of guidelines pertaining to the safe use of the equipment at the time of product delivery. Here, we have consolidated the fundamental points into a concise version in order to help you avoid the major mistakes that can lead to accidents.
- It is always a good idea to test the condition of your gantry before you use it. You may look for warning signals such as faulty brakes or dysfunctional parking jacks, the deposition of debris on the runway, cracked welds, and loosened bolts.
- Ensure that the ground is even to prevent tipping.
- Conduct a test lift to check if the load is stable.
- Make sure that the gantry is placed directly over the load that needs to be lifted.
- Make sure that the brakes and wheel locks are properly locked before your initiate the lifting process.
- Refrain from moving a loaded gantry.
- Don’t allow the load to swing.
- Never ever tug a gantry with a vehicle.
- Do not walk under a loaded gantry.
- Don’t support any other object against the gantry.
If you allow the load to swing or if you make an attempt to move a loaded gantry, you may end up offsetting the centre of gravity which may lead to tipping. The stability of the load facilitates a safe lifting operation. With maintenance being a major determinant of equipment performance and safety, you should get your gantry inspected annually by a qualified body. Notably, the inspector will provide you with a new certification following the inspection.
*The above information is simply friendly advice from the experts, we always recommend reading the manufacturer's operation manual and creating a lift plan to be approved by your health and safety team prior to any lifts that take place.
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
A Hovey, National Oilwell Varco
Your costs compared to other manufacturers were by far cheaper and turned ...Click here for more testimonials
- Crane Servicing by Trusted Professionals15th January 2019 Crane servicing and maintenance is an important part of owning lifting equipment. It has to be kept in the right condition to make sure it will be safe to use, adhering to ...
- The importance of Crane Maintenance 8th January 2019 As an owner or operator of overhead cranes or jib cranes, you will know the importance of maintenance. Maintaining all lifting equipment is essential for its efficient ...
- Choosing an Electric Chain Hoist 31st October 2018 Electric hoists are used for regular, intense lifting operation, in circumstances where a manual hoist simply won’t be appropriate for the size of the load. Electric chain ...