GIS Electric Chain Hoists are manufactured in Switzerland to the highest standards of quality and technology. With capacities from 40kg-5,000kg GIS match a hoist to nearly every purpose. GIS take safety very seriously- each hoist is fitted with several safety devices to prevents accidents and overload such as low voltage pendant controls, overload protection devices, geared limit switches to prevent the hook from travelling further up or down than intended (these are very accurate and can be set within millimetres).
Easy to operate and reliable during extreme conditions, GIS are the first choice for many companies that operate hoists with intense usage as they feature very high duty ratings and long heights of lift up to over 120m.
Expertly designed and perfected in Switzerland for over 50 years the GIS range is well balanced to provide the most user friendly lifting experience with confined dimensions to enable maximum hook path in a well enclosed aluminium casing while still providing adequate ventilation to the hoist motor.
The first speciality before hoists for GIS in 1957 was precision mechanical products- this set the foundation for the development of one of the most robust and precise hoists on todays market, the quality of every GIS hoist is impeccable and is unmatched by inadequate impersonations. As a testimony to the quality of the GIS hoist range we are proud to say that we have supplied spares to GIS electric chain hoists that are almost 50 years of age and still operating efficiently with only standard components being changed due to wear and tear as expected with any product over such a long period of time.
Aside from standard configuration chain hoists GIS also offer Food Grade, ATEX EX, Low Head Room, Ultra Low Head Room, Twin and Corrosion Resistant Hoists to suit a variety of applications.
GIS Electric Chain Hosits feature so many options to ensure that the user gets the most efficient and safe hoist to increase productivity. From standard upper and lower limit switches to maintenance free brakes. The GCH hoist is designed to be heavy duty while also very efficient.
Control your hoist remotely with our range of Radio Remote Control Systems that we can fit to your existing hoist or supply with your new one, this allows the operator to stand at a safe distance and get a better view of the load.
- Speeds from 0.8-20m/min
- Capacities from 100-5000kg
- Height of lift up to 120m
- Upper and Lower Limit Switches as standard
- Overload slipping clutch
- Single or Dual Speed hoists available
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
Mohammad Abulardana- Ardanca Industries
It came to the point where we needed to replace our crane hoist, Cranes-UK ...Click here for more testimonials
- The Benefits of Chain Hoists2nd April 2019 Chain hoists are an integral part of the hoist family, working to complete lifts using an electric power source. This means that they can lift much heavier loads than manual ...
- Questions to Ask Before you Buy a Used Crane7th March 2019 Buying a crane is a big decision for any business. There can be a high initial cost involved, and you need to know that the crane you are buying is worth the price you pay. This ...
- Crane Servicing is More Important than Ever as the Market Booms7th March 2019 A report has revealed that the global bridge crane market looks set to reach multi billion dollars by 2024. The report also covered some of the key players in the crane market, ...