Goliath Overhead Cranes are mainly for outdoor use, where the crane is required to have extra height in order to be able to carry out all of its functions. They are predominantly used in shipyards and other similar environments, where a tall crane structure is needing for lifting over and around large, bulky objects. A Goliath Crane can also be an option when work is being carried out on an existing structure which isn’t strong enough to accommodate the weight of a crane, or there is no option for installing permanent gantry steelwork. A freestanding crane will therefore be a much more viable option, and will allow work to proceed without having to make any structural alterations.
The majority of Goliath Cranes are remotely operated due to the height of the hoist and the tendency to use them for heavy, bulky loads – pendent operation is likely not to be appropriate. All Goliath Cranes are fitted with electric wire rope hoists which can lift loads of up to 1,000 tonnes.
Speak to us about our range of new and used Goliath Overhead Gantry Cranes and see what we can do for you. We supply to all kinds of markets, and can also arrange installation and certification.
All Goliath Cranes have the following features:
- Capable of lifting loads up to 1,000 tonnes
- Maximum reach dependent upon crane’s height
- Compatible with electric wire rope hoists
- Usually radio controlled
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
Eddie Chukwujekwu- Winjek Integrated Solutions
Your services are very good and punctual, please keep it up.Click here for more testimonials
- Crane Servicing by Trusted Professionals15th January 2019 Crane servicing and maintenance is an important part of owning lifting equipment. It has to be kept in the right condition to make sure it will be safe to use, adhering to ...
- The importance of Crane Maintenance 8th January 2019 As an owner or operator of overhead cranes or jib cranes, you will know the importance of maintenance. Maintaining all lifting equipment is essential for its efficient ...
- Choosing an Electric Chain Hoist 31st October 2018 Electric hoists are used for regular, intense lifting operation, in circumstances where a manual hoist simply won’t be appropriate for the size of the load. Electric chain ...