Cranes can be highly dangerous pieces of equipment if they are not used or maintained in the right way. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is not maintaining cranes and lifting equipment to a high standard.
Here are some of the reasons why crane maintenance needs to be a priority:
- Site safety. A site will only be a safe place to work if all the equipment is in good working order.
- Prevention of injury and accidents. Members of staff need to be protected when they are working with cranes.
- To ensure there is no loss of life. The implications of using a poorly maintained crane are huge. Accidents can be serious and often lead to loss of life.
- To be safe for the public. The area around the site needs to be taken into consideration as well. Crane collapses can be devastating.
The requirements for crane maintenance and inspection are laid out in the Lifting Operations and Lifting Regulations 1998 (LOLER) and Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). These give general guidance regarding cranes and lifting equipment, with the general purpose of reducing work-related injuries. It’s important you adhere to guidelines set out by LOLER and POWER to meet your obligations as any employer.
In 2016/17, 30 construction workers died in Great Britain. We are all responsible for reducing the number of incidents and fatal accidents. By making sure your lifting equipment is fit for purpose, you are making a big contribution towards a safer working environment.
At Cranes UK, we are experienced providers of crane servicing and maintenance. If you would like to ask us anything at all about maintaining your cranes and lifting equipment, we will be happy to offer you advice and support. Feel free to contact us on 01384 441235
Electric Wire Hoists
Electric Wire Rope Hoists from leading manufacturers at leading prices. We advise from the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced Wire Rope Hoists based on your specifications. New or Used up to 50 Tonnes in Monorail, Low Headroom and Crab Unit models for single and double girder overhead cranes. We also offer installation and servicing on all types of hoists.Click here for more information
Inspection services from the experts, we offer testing, inspection, certification and reporting on all types of Overhead Cranes and associated Lifting Equipment.
Remember: Maintenance Prevents Breakdowns. All of our maintenance is carried out in accordance with LOLER requirements by fully competent and trained engineers. Call our Service Department Today!
Click here for more information
Neil Mcinerney, Sellafield Ltd
Cranes-UK Have been instrumental in providing help and technical support ...Click here for more testimonials
- Crane Servicing by Trusted Professionals15th January 2019 Crane servicing and maintenance is an important part of owning lifting equipment. It has to be kept in the right condition to make sure it will be safe to use, adhering to ...
- The importance of Crane Maintenance 8th January 2019 As an owner or operator of overhead cranes or jib cranes, you will know the importance of maintenance. Maintaining all lifting equipment is essential for its efficient ...
- Choosing an Electric Chain Hoist 31st October 2018 Electric hoists are used for regular, intense lifting operation, in circumstances where a manual hoist simply won’t be appropriate for the size of the load. Electric chain ...